PR Hack. Regular mention of specific information in the press may seem impossible to someone, but this is not so. Knowing the main techniques of working with the media, you will get an advantage over competitors. It will help in this PRNEWS.io, thanks to which you can easily get rid of unnecessary information on the first page of the search engine and highlight positive or neutral sponsored articles from verified sources.
Niche service filters will help check thousands of websites, noting only the highest quality, with the most active audience of visitors. It is best to publish articles, and you can post them in just a few clicks. Advertising publications in the online media is a quick budget way to declare yourself and increase the CEO’s rating with the help of processed links of high quality to your site.
Together with the following recommendations for media coverage, this will lead to a positive result. The main life hacks, in this case, will be described below in the article.
Competitor Experience Learning | PR Hack #1
Instead of spending time exploring the main strategies and ways to attract media attention, let competitors do all the work for you. To do this:
- carefully review their pages, review the information of press releases;
- pay attention to which media they target and focus on the same newspapers, magazines, and industry blogs that publish information about your competitors.
If it works for them, it will work for you. You will learn to masterfully create content that is interesting for journalists who write about topics close to you. For example, suppose you own a charter company and notice that your competitors are widely covered in the press on the topic of flight departure delay. In that case, you need to analyze the maximum number of such flights, indicate the destinations and airports that most often face such a problem, and provide a complete report.
Journalists Mentioning on Quora| PR Hack #2
Answering questions posed by users here, with the mention of media journalists, is a powerful technique for building mutually beneficial relations. Mentioning a specialist, you raise his rating, and since the platform does not belong to you, this raises the idea of a selfless act and will probably position the person for further mutually beneficial relations. Strengthening a positive relationship with a journalist will help in covering the necessary information in the future.
It is easy to use Quora; you just need to follow these steps:
- Find the right journalist for you with JustReachOut.
- Carefully examine his work and identify the niches in which he writes.
- Go to Quora and find questions on the right topic that have few answers.
- Come up with an answer in which you can quote the selected journalist’s work, referring to him as an expert in this field.
- Send him an email mentioning his work in a comment on Quora. He is unlikely to look for such comments on his own, so the personal notification will be very useful.
HARO Service Usage| PR Hack #3
This option is suitable for those who are tired of looking for journalists on their own and want them to find them themselves. All you need is to register on the HARO online service, which connects journalists with the original source of information.
Every day, it sends emails listing journalists who are looking for primary sources of information and quotes for articles. If you meet the journalist’s requests, you can send him an email with quotes, and then he will mark your problems in his works. The JustReachOut used to filter HARO emails on key quotes and queries will help simplify the interconnection process.
Linking Stories to the Latest News (Newsjacking)| PR Hack #4
As practice shows, journalists appreciate the latest news in one area or another. If the story provided to them has an appropriate connection, the chances of mention in the press are much higher. Of course, you will not be able to tell reporters the latest news every time personally, but there is always an opportunity to add your own story to the mention of a particular event.
In other words, you use “jacking” — the process of connecting a personal story to a viral event, which increases the chances of its coverage in the press. It is important to answer several basic questions:
- Can your company handle the current problem?
- Whether you are a specialist in the area under discussion?
- Do you have any specific data related to the current events?
The main goal is to find a connection to align your story with what is popular at the moment. Using newsjacking is important to remember a few things:
- Always remain on the alert, analyzing the most important and relevant information at the moment.
- To work quickly. What is relevant can be today irrelevant tomorrow therefore from you it is required to invent as soon as possible the story and to connect it with a significant public event.
- Carefully choose the theme. Stories about the death of a celebrity or the conflicts in the show business environment — not the best decision for public relations of own company or a brand.
Also, use data from 12 million presentations for your PR-performance. Always carefully study the work of journalists and researchers in this field. For example, an article by Brian Dean of Backlinko noted the results of an analysis of 12 million letters, as a result of which experts came to several main conclusions:
- Long email topics contribute to a higher number of responses (an average of 24.6%).
- The same journalist should write several times.
- The personalized subject of the letter increases the chances of receiving a response by about 30%.
- The best responses receive emails in guest posts, reviews, and sponsorships.
Data from such studies will be very relevant when creating their PR presentations because you know exactly what and when to write, what topic to use, and when to send a letter. Applying data to press coverage works best if you decide to run Saas PR.
Use Guest Messaging Capabilities| PR Hack #5
Guest accommodation remains an excellent PR tactic. As an additional bonus, you can get several backlinks. When you post guest messages, you use your domain authority and site audience to promote work. This allows you not to spend years creating your vast audience — you just rent it.
The reasons for using guest publications as a life hack for better coverage of information in the media are several:
- Mention in the top publication is a great way to earn a reputation and authority.
- In the article and the author’s call to action, it is very simple to indicate a reference to the target resource.
- It is possible to use the DA site to increase the rating of an article in Google when searching by key target words.
Use Interviews in Podcasts| PR Hack #6
Despite the podcast field’s oversaturation in the modern world, this is still an effective way to reach a wide target audience. Just think about how to just tune in to a podcast, stream it on your phone, watch on Youtube and play in the car. That is, the possibilities are almost limitless. Visiting famous podcasts as a guest speaker can be an excellent way to declare yourself an expert in a particular field.
In other words, this is a great way to earn a name in an industry. The more often you use the podcast, the faster your name becomes synonymous with your work area. The next time someone has questions about the topics of your work or needs to get a link to the leader’s opinion — he can always contact you as a specialist.
Broken Link Building| PR Hack #7
This method of raising PR mentions involves organizing a three-stage process:
- View sites to find non-working links in articles.
- Notify their guide of found links.
- Suggest articles or sites instead of non-working links.
This is a really powerful technology because it opens up the possibility of direct contact with owners of suitable sites. You do not need to refer to a previous conversation with them. It is enough simply to contact journalists to report on the non-working link found directly. They will probably be very grateful because non-working links spoil the DA site.
At the same time, do not forget that your article will be suitable as a replacement only if the topic is relevant. One should not hope that the journalist will replace the non-working link about nanotechnology with a blog post about marketing.
Manual search for non-working links is a tedious occupation, so it is worth using a special tool for searching for non-working links. This can be done as follows:
- To begin, type the keyword you want to find the link by.
- The service will scan the top 100 results on Google’s checkout list for this key request.
- It will review each rating page to determine which links are down.
- Records broken links, source and target URLs, error type, and other important information.
- Create a convenient report with all the necessary information to benefit from non-working links.
These best PR techniques will help earn a mention in the press. Good PR is not an exact science. It requires a little guile and personalization. As soon as you learn how to prioritize journalists themselves and their needs, luck will smile at you.