What is the fee for applying for an O-1 visa? There are several ways to get to the US if you are a top-quality specialist in the field. For people of various professions, like artists, doctors, singers, and many others, it is necessary to work on long-term projects and often make several visits. If you are a high-profile media person, meaning that you were mentioned in some publications and won awards, there is a chance you can get an O-1 visa to work and live in the US for three years at maximum.
What is O-1 Visa?
It is a type of visa for talented people. The main thing is to prove that the applicant meets the criteria of extraordinary, and in the USA, there is a specific company in which he or she will work. In the case of business people, having an employer is solved very simply: it is enough to have a branch or your own company in the USA. Other professionals require employment arrangements with US institutions or corporations.
Who Can Get an O-1 Visa?
It is a type of visa that any media person over 18 years old can apply for, especially if you are a scientist, startupper, singer, or actor. If you have proof of your celebrity or business status, you can get the O-1 for yourself and your family members: wife and kids under 21 years old.
15 New York City Immigration Lawyers
Why Should You Get It?
The visa can be issued for one or three years. It is not possible to get citizenship by getting it, but it can be prolonged countless times. It allows you to travel to the US any time you want until the expiration date. The processing period is from 1-2 months. Your kids and wife can apply for an O-3 visa which will be active till your O-1. Your family members can study in the US with these visa tips. Kids can visit American schools and other educational institutions.
Requirements for O-1 Visa
Indeed to get permission to enter the US, you have to prepare the documents and be compliant with specific demands like:
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Provide evidence of compliance with at least three of the eight criteria for extraordinariness:
- National or international prizes and awards.
- Membership in professional associations.
- Articles in trade publications and the media about your achievements;
- Participation as a member of the jury in professional contests, competitions.
- A significant contribution to scientific development, research in the chosen field.
- Publication of author’s research and articles related to the professional field.
- Work in critical positions in the most prominent companies, institutions.
- Confirmation of a sufficient income level due to professional merits (bonuses, grants, high salaries, etc.).
- Prove the need for your participation in an American project (or company activity). If we are talking about a person in business who owns a company in the United States, then a business plan.
- An applicant who is the CEO of a US firm must not own a controlling interest.
- Have no criminal records or violations of immigration laws
If you can fulfill any of the requirements, then your chances are higher. It is a time-consuming venture, but PRnews.io can simplify the procedure by featuring you or your company’s infamous publications.
What is the Fee for Applying for an O-1 Visa?
If you submit your data for the first time, you have to pay $190 a consular fee for an online application. If you are already on the United States territory, you have to pay $460, a standard cost.
The Documents to Prepare
To get an O-1 visa, you have to provide the following documents:
- DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- A passport that is valid for at least six months longer than the duration of the intended stay in the United States.
- Photo 5 × 5 cm.
- Approved Petition I-129.
- Confirmation of high qualifications and outstanding services (awards, regalia, publications, etc.)
- Letter of recommendation from a national or international association of professionals.
- Statement of written (contract) or verbal agreements with an employer in the United States.
- Description of the project (or business plan) in which the applicant will work, his relevance in this project as a professional, as well as an indication of the duration of his stay.
- Birth certificates of children, marriage registration.
- Certificates of employment of the spouse, resume
And additional documents at the request of immigration officials. You also would have to remember about $3-10 thousand costs of the services of a lawyer who will accompany the process. Additionally, you may need assistance in registering a legal entity and preparing a business plan if these options are not included in the lawyer’s fee.
Content Marketing Platform
- 100,000+ media publications;
- get backlinks to your product;
- scale work with content distribution.
Tips to Increase Your Chances of O-1
If you wish to acquire the visa, try to get published in popular, trustworthy papers and online resources. Today it is easy to do with the help of PRnews.io. You can order some publications for a blog without much time and money spending.