Immigration lawyer Los Angeles. People move to California primarily because of the good climate, the calm rhythm of life, and the many opportunities that open up to residents.
Los Angeles is one of the world’s centers for information technology, innovation, and startups. An incredible number of smart and beautiful people have gathered here, who are nice to equal and have something to learn from. This is an ocean with places for surfing and mountains for snowboarding – an hour from each other. It is an incredible natural beauty for overnight stays in tents and a wonderful climate for the birth and upbringing of children. It is the second-largest city in the United States (after New York). Most immigrants to the United States arrive in Los Angeles, and many of them remain here.
If you want to immigrate to the US, you will need to apply for a Green Card. Its official name is the United States Permanent Resident Card – an identity card or so-called identification card confirming the existence of a residence permit for a person who is not a citizen but is permanently resident in the United States who is eligible for employment. It is possible to call the green card the document about a permanent residence (permanent residence) or the residence permit (residence permit).
Top 10 Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles
We have compiled for you a selection of the top 10 and proven immigration attorneys.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Filipino, Tagalog, Fujian Chinese (Hokkien), Chinese (Mandarin).
- Website: http://www.sysmithlaw.com/
- Sy and Smith, L.P. Twitter
Specialist with many years of experience in immigration law, Proposal 65, and family law. Works at Sy and Smith. Combines her work with writing articles on legal topics in publications. She was a partner in the USA Immigration Legal Group.
As an emigrant herself (moved from the Philippines at an early age), she firmly decided that she wanted to help other people. After studying at Arizona State University (bachelor’s degree), she continued her law education at California Western School of Law (graduated in 2006, Doctor of Law). Also, during her training, she worked as a secretary at the Arizona Supreme Court, practicing in Beijing.
Today, she is a member of the California State Bar Association. Former co-chair of the immigration section of the San Diego County Bar Association and a member of AILA. Deals with all areas of immigration law, including green cards, visas of all types for citizens and businessmen, and others.
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Website: http://www.pamelahartman.net/
A certified immigration law professional in California, she is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
For her tenacity, hard work, and high achievements, she is considered a tireless defender of immigrants. Among its achievements are successful cases for the protection of Iraqis who sought asylum after the outbreak of war in 2003, petitions for people with outstanding abilities, extensive experience in issuing various types of visas, as well as successful cases in federal court.
She studied at UCLA (2003), at the Faculty of Jurisprudence. Ms. Hartman is chairman and a member of the immigration section of the Los Angeles County Bar. She also participated in the drafting and preparation of amendments to the Law on Immigration and Citizenship.
Before her legal career, she worked as a journalist for 10 years and wrote articles on immigration issues for newspapers such as the Los Angeles Daily News, the Los Angeles Daily Journal, and the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Languages: Spanish, Farsi, English, Persian
- Website: http://www.dayzadlaw.com/
- Dayzad Law Twitter
Winner of the title Super Lawyer in immigration Law (2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018). Provides counseling services to both individuals and companies that employ people from other countries. He deals with all immigration law issues (including employment, deportation, various types of visas).
The founder of Dayzad Law Offices primarily focuses on the client’s preferences and goals in their work. He acquired excellent knowledge at The University of California, Berkeley (1999, law degree), after graduating with honors from the same educational institution, with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Before his dedication to immigration law, he worked at Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, where he successfully operated on knowledge and skills in the field of labor law.
- member of the California Bar Association. He is certified to practice law in four U.S. District Courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit;
- member of the Mayor’s Immigration Law Advisory Council;
- secretary of the national immigration team;
- vice-chairman of the National Immigration Attorneys Committee;
- expert at many international conferences and seminars.
Mr. Dayzad is also known for his extensive volunteer work in national and local organizations.
- Languages: Spanish, English, Russian
- Website: https://www.spartanlawcorp.com/attorney/yan-goldshteyn/
The company in which he works deals with the most complex issues in all areas of immigration law, business and corporate law, appeal cases, and criminal defense.
Owner of the title Super Lawyer (2016), as the best lawyer in the field of business and corporate law. The specialist has an impeccable reputation among his colleagues. He successfully worked on cases in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, as well as in immigration courts and immigration boards.
At Western State College of Law, he received his doctorate. In 2010, he received a license and began his difficult journey in jurisprudence in:
- upholding the rights of immigrants;
- intellectual-property prosecutions;
- drafting and negotiation of contracts;
- protecting corporations, executives, and professionals;
- dispute resolution;
- defense in criminal matters.
He is the president and active member of the Board of Governors of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, DBA, CAALA, and other societies and is engaged in volunteer activities:
- legal education programs;
- assistance to the poor and others.
He received the presidential award for dedicated work in 2017-2018. He fights for the justice of every client and tries to realize his right to realize the American dream.
Carl M. Shusterman
- Languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Cantonese, Chinese, Chinese (Mandarin), Farsi, Filipino, German, Hindi, Korean, Malayalam, Tagalog, Taiwanese, Turkish
- Website: http://www.shusterman.com/
Owner of Law Offices of Carl Shusterman, which includes 7 attorneys. More than 40 years of experience in immigration law. Recognized as one of the 15 best immigration lawyers in the United States (Human Resource Executive). His statements and deeds are quoted by many media outlets, both print, and television. He was a member of the Advisory Commission on the Law on Immigration and Citizenship at the State Bar.
Certified specialist in the field of family and labor immigration. Former chairman of AILA (in southern California) and a member of the national council, a member of the California State Bar Association. Speaker at conferences on legal topics and published in various publications (Washington Post, USA Today, New York Times, Canada’s Globe and Mail, Los Angeles Times, California Lawyer, Wall Street Journal, etc.) His articles can also be read in periodicals on immigration law.
He helped tens of thousands of people in obtaining US citizenship, opening temporary work visas, and obtaining a permanent residence permit. Activities:
- deportation cases;
- compliance with I-9 and E-Verify;
- work in the federal district and appellate courts and the US Supreme Court.
Represents the interests of both corporate and individual clients.
- Languages: Spanish, English, Chinese (Mandarin), Farsi, Indonesian, Korean, Tagalog
- Website: http://www.liveworkusa.com/
An immigrant from Iran who requested asylum status fleeing persecution.
He graduated from Southwestern University School of Law and UCLA. Made helping people from different walks of life his mission. Immigration and Civil Law Professional. Member of the California State Bar Association.
Protects people from deportation and expulsion. Represents the interests of clients in:
- United States District Courts of Appeals.
Helps clients address complex immigration issues throughout the United States.
Avi Friedman | Immigration lawyer Los Angeles
- Languages: Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Hebrew, French, Farsi, Portuguese, Russian, Tagalog, Italian, Armenian, Bengali, Georgian, Afrikaans.
- Website: http://www.wolfsdorf.com/
He began his activities in the field of immigration law in 2010. Before that, he studied at Loyola Marymount University and UCLA. First-class consular specialist. He is the author of many articles for AILA and an active speaker at many seminars and conferences. Included in the list of the best lawyers in immigration law (2010-2013). Lawyer of the year, according to US News-Best Lawyers magazine (2014,2016).
Member of The Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group, which is very famous in the United States. They are engaged in private practice and issues of non-profit organizations and companies in the field of health care, education, technology and entertainment, family law, and visa issues. Help customers from all over the world.
Mr. Friedman also deals with immigration issues; naturalization applications represent clients in Canada and Mexico and more. He is the current representative of the Canadian branch of AILA at the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa, Canada.
Amy Prokop Lenhert | Immigration lawyer Los Angeles
- Languages: English, German
- Website: www.sggimmigration.com
Fourteen years of experience exclusively in the field of immigration law make Amy a professional in her business. Its cases included non-fraud, protection against deportation for lawful permanent residents, asylum applications, and the abolition of expulsion for non-residents. She also specializes in family law, citizenship, and naturalization.
The experience of the District Immigration Courts and USCIS, the District Courts of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States offer the opportunity to address the most complex cases. She has experience not only in California but also in Washington, Nebraska, Columbia.
While working at SGG Immigration, Ms. Lenhert is also a member of:
- the American Association of Immigration Lawyers;
- serves on the advisory committee of the Los Angeles office of KIND;
- the national immigration project of the National Lawyers Guild;
- AILA Federal Court Steering Committee;
- Los Angeles County Bar Immigration Section.
She has practiced advising and representing the interests of both companies and private individuals in issues of issuing visas, granting citizenship, etc. Regularly provides free consulting services in various organizations.
She acted as a speaker at many events, conferences, seminars.
Michele A. Franchett | Immigration lawyer Los Angeles
- Languages: English, Chinese(Mandarin)
- Website: http://www.sggimmigration.com
Thanks to many years of experience in the field of immigration law, legal courses, and professional recommendations, she received the status of a certified specialist. She is a partner of Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP, which consists of a large number of highly qualified specialists.
Ms. Franchett works with various branches of immigration law, including employment, investing, and entrepreneurship, obtaining family visas, compliance with I-9 and IRCA, filing an appeal with a federal court, asylum application, and others. She also advises many regional centers.
She began her career in jurisprudence in 1986. During it, she represented the interests of transnational corporations, investors, medical institutions, universities, people with special opportunities and achievements from around the world. She has experience with consulates in Seoul, Toronto, Ciudad Juárez, and Halifax. She also visited China, where she conducted EB-5 training for licensed migration consultants.
Completed educational institutions:
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison;
- The University of Minnesota;
- National Taiwan Normal University;
- The University of West Los Angeles.
Also, during her career, she spent more than a dozen speeches and reports at various conferences and legal seminars, published in periodicals. Is:
- member of the committee and vice-chairman of AILA EB-5;
- president, American Association of Immigration Lawyers (1996-1997);
- member of the public policy committee, Invest in the USA;
- member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Robert F. Jacobs | Immigration lawyer Los Angeles
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Website: http://www.rfjimmigration.com/
Founder of Robert F. Jacobs & Associates, a law office that deals with criminal and immigration law. Since 2007, Robert has received the title of Certified Specialist, and the total experience in the field of jurisprudence is more than 20 years.
According to Thompson, Reuters received the title Super Lawyer. Entered the top hundred immigration lawyers in California and the ranking of the top 100 criminal lawyers.
Areas of activity:
- protection against deportation;
- visa issues of all types;
- naturalization or citizenship;
- residence permit (family and employment);
- appeal to all levels;
- protection in criminal matters;
- applications for annulment of convictions after sentencing;
- early termination of probation;
- reduction of the sentence;
- release from punishment.
In addition to his professional activities, Mr. Jacobs serves as a speaker at seminars on immigration law, training other lawyers. From 1997 till today, he is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
After graduating from Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, the lawyer received a license to practice law in California, Wisconsin, and even in the US Supreme Court.
Get Media Coverage
- articles will meet the criteria for the O-1/EB-1 visa;
- publications in popular media in 2 clicks;
- quickly boost your search visibility.
Conclusion: Immigration lawyer Los Angeles
The United States is a separate country, not unlike all others. It quickly becomes part of you: ambition, desire for stability, comfort. Here everything is long and thorough: less impulsiveness and more safe and balanced decisions.