O1 visa recommendation letter sample. To get an O-1 visa, you have to confirm that you are an expert in your field and many people are acquainted with your work to USCIS (The US Citizenship and Immigration Services). To prove that fact, you would need letters of recommendation. It can be submitted by a person who is also an expert in the same area and is familiar with your projects but has never worked with you. The USCIS needs four or five letters from you to establish that you are genuinely the best specialist in your niche.
How to Find an Expert for O-1 Visa Recommendation Letter Sample?
Look among famous people in your field. Choose those who have made significant contributions to projects, and it does not matter if they are foreigners or locals. Remember that these people should not be connected to you or your company. Another quick way to find experts is to ask your customers, employees, or professors. But they also should have some publicity and prominence. Keep in mind that the popularity of the person writing a letter only enhances your credibility and increases your chances of obtaining an O-1 visa.
What to Consider Before You Ask for an O-1 Visa Recommendation Letter Sample
The letter must contain the opinion of the referrer that you are a person who has achieved national or international recognition as a person with exceptional abilities in your field, with specific examples of your work.
In addition, the letter must contain an introduction from the author, establishing him as an expert in the field. He/she should write about his/her current situation and all main achievements so that the immigration officer is convinced that this expert can competently judge whether someone has exceptional ability. The letter should also explain how the proposer knows you and your work, a detailed description of the specific projects you have completed that demonstrate your exceptional abilities, skills, and knowledge. Keep in mind an email containing just a general assessment without focusing on your accomplishments will not be helpful for your O-1 petition.
However, an O-1 visa recommendation letter sample should not contain such phrases as a promising scientist, singer, etc. They only should state all the current goals and rewards of a person. There is no need to seal them. You have to send them to the organization’s email or submit them along with the other documents.
The Structure of an O-1 Visa Recommendation Letter Sample
According to experienced specialists, the best way to structure the letter is to:
- Prove the area of expertise: meaning that an author should indicate its level of prominence in the field, name his/her achievements, projects, and other work.
- Specify the relationships. Here the author should put information about how he/she got familiar with the applicant’s work.
- Talk about gifts and talents. The USCIS officers will be looking for such words as ability and skills. The referee is better to devote a whole paragraph to that part. It can be a list of talents and extraordinary aptnesses, but they should be told about.
- Point out accomplishments and popularity. Then it is necessary to tell about the goals and rewards the applicant has gained during his/her activity. State the most successful projects and describe their influence on the crowd and community. Please pay special attention to the difficulties the person faced during career development and how they were overcome.
- Specify other facts. If the author thinks that he can add some relevant extra information, he/she may indicate it in the end. Focus only on significant points, which may help show an examiner the necessity of an O-1 visa for an applicant.
Before asking an expert to write you a letter of recommendation, make sure that the person is qualified in the same area, has an excellent level of recognition, and a wide range of publications. The USCIS can deny your visa application if they do not find any proof of the referee’s credibility.
Other Tips on Great O-1 Visa Recommendation Letter Sample
One of the factors that influence officers’ decision to approve your O-1 visa is articles in trade publications and the media about your achievements. PRnews.io can assist you with this and manage publicity about your accomplishments in various popular and trustworthy magazines, papers, and online publishers. It is simple and allows you to save time and money. PRnews.io can help you even if your budget is relatively modest. On the website, you may see various publishers, the geography of their readers, and other indicators of their popularity and prominence. Our specialists gather all the facts from you and according to your briefs can make a whole article.
- How to Immigrate to the USA?
- How to Find an Immigration Lawyer in 2021?
- What is an O Visa in the USA? Types, Requirements & Application Process For O-1 Visa
- How Much Does It Cost To Apply For An O-1 Visa?
While selecting your future referees, find as much information as possible about them. Before you ask them to write letters of recommendation, give them proper instructions and make sure they followed. You may write the letters and then ask your referees to put their signature in some cases. O1 visa recommendation letter sample.