Every company aspires to be featured in newspapers, grace the covers of prestigious magazines, and receive numerous media mentions.
Many brands showcase their media coverage in a section titled “Mass Media about Us” on their websites, including references to news articles, TV segments, and scanned copies of print media. This strategy helps to establish a company’s expertise and persuade potential customers to become clients.
Highlighting positive coverage from respected sources demonstrates that a brand is well-regarded in the media, setting it apart from competitors and enhancing customer trust.
However, despite its apparent simplicity, executing this approach can be complicated in practice and may encounter various challenges.
Why the section “Mass Media about Us” is necessary
The page with all references to a brand in mass media solves several tasks at once:
Credibility: Positive media coverage from reputable sources can help to build credibility and increase trust with your audience. By showcasing this coverage on your website, you can provide third-party validation of your brand or organization’s accomplishments and impact.
Differentiation: Positive media coverage can help to differentiate your brand or organization from competitors. By highlighting the unique aspects of your brand or organization that have received media attention, you can set yourself apart in the minds of your audience.
Visibility: Including a “Mass Media Write about Us” section on your website can help to increase your visibility and reach. As readers come across positive media coverage about your brand, they may be more likely to visit your website or engage with your brand on social media.
Excitement: Positive media coverage can help to create a sense of excitement and momentum around your brand. By featuring this coverage on your website, you can reinforce this excitement and keep your audience engaged and interested in your brand.
Content Marketing Platform
- 100,000+ media publications;
- get backlinks to your product;
- scale work with content distribution.
How to arrange the section “Mass Media Write about Us” correctly
Arranging the “Mass Media Write about Us” section would depend on the specific content and format of the media coverage. However, here are some general guidelines for organizing this type of section:
- Group similar types of media coverage together: If you have media coverage from multiple sources, consider grouping them together based on the type of media, such as print, online, or broadcast.
- Organize by date: Within each group, arrange the media coverage in chronological order, with the most recent coverage at the top.
- Use headlines and summaries: Include the headline and a brief summary of each media article, so that readers can quickly understand the main topic and message of each piece.
- Include links or copies of the media coverage: Depending on the format of the section, you may want to include links to the online articles or copies of the print articles, so that readers can read the coverage themselves.
- Highlight important or particularly positive coverage: If you have particularly positive or important media coverage, consider highlighting it in some way, such as by including a pull quote or a larger headline.
- Make the section simple and clear for the reader. It is not necessary to make a long list of references to publications; they can cease to work through some time. The list of PDFs will be redundant, and clients have no time to download a screen copy of publications. You are not that important to them yet.
Example of the page which will be difficult for a reader to understand:
Here, you can see what references were received by the company in mass media, but it is unclear where it was published.
Overall, the goal of the “Mass Media Write about Us” section is to showcase the positive attention that your organization has received in the media, and to provide readers with a sense of the scope and quality of the coverage. By organizing the coverage in a clear and logical way, you can help readers understand the impact that your organization is having in the media.
It’s important to maintain the integrity of an article or headline. If your company is featured in an official media publication, avoid distorting the facts and claiming that the media has endorsed your company as the best in the country. According to advertising laws, all claims must be supported by evidence.
One of our clients recently placed an advertisement in Forbes via PRNEWS.io. The headline stated that the “Better Cash” company was the number one seller of rabbit-shaped balloons in the city of Zhmykhov. While technically accurate, as there are only a few balloon suppliers in Zhmykhov and the company is the sole seller of rabbit-shaped balloons, the client later misrepresented the information in their “Mass Media Write about Us” section, falsely claiming that Forbes had named them the top balloon seller.
Although the article on Forbes was marked as a “partner material” and the publishing house adhered to the federal law “About advertising,” the format of the text closely resembled editorial content, with questions from a journalist and answers from the company’s head. Forbes, as a reputable media outlet, values its reputation and is concerned that its readers may mistake advertising for objective reporting.
Online Publicity Workbook
- 100+ content ideas for your B2B startup;
- ideal for do-it-yourself publicity plans;
- schedule your PR campaign in advance.