Content distribution strategy.
The thing is, when you publish an article, the content promotion process begins. From that moment on, you need to double your efforts to help as many people as possible put a face to your story. What’s more important, don’t focus on the resource itself. It could be published on your blog or on an external resource with thousands of readers.
The problem is, the organic traffic that comes from Google is delayed. It can take up to three months on average for a Google bot to find your content, rate it… That’s where the meat of the story is. Content promotion strategy is as important as a result. When you start promoting content, you send the first positive signal to Google – the behavioral factor. It sounds like, “Wow, the article gains attention after publication, then I’ll keep it shooting up to the top search results.”
But how to promote your story after publishing?
How to Promote Content After Publishing
It shouldn’t be a secret that there are many ways to promote your story after publishing. Even better, the most successful content marketers use them. But it’s only up to you to decide which way to go. No one knows your story better than you, so you can choose an effective way to do that.
Want to know why most people fail with content promotion?
That’s obvious: their story is far from world-class. But if you have something truly amazing, go ahead and find a content promotion strategy that will help you share it.
Content Distribution Guide by PRNEWS.IO
Use press releases for content promotion
Press releases are a great way to get more exposure on your content. Writing and publishing a press release with a backlink to the original article featuring your company will help the article to rank higher in google for relevant keywords. This can aid in driving leads to your business.
Use our press release template to save time and effort.
Social media marketing (SMM)
The most popular social networking website is Facebook. The audience of this social network exceeds one and a half billion people, about one billion of which enter it every day. Day by day users add 350 million new photos to Facebook and share posts about five billion times. This is one of the most global marketing tools.
The SMM philosophy is to establish a company that will be distributed by users themselves independently from the seller. This method has more credibility because it serves as guidelines.
LinkedIn, such media blogs as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter blogosphere enjoy great popularity as well. As a prime example of the advertising campaign in Instagram may be pyshechnaya1958 public in Saint Petersburg. A good marketing and just 28 provocative posts in the social network have attracted almost 70 thousand subscribers to the profile of this location.
Think only, with over 756 million users, LinkedIn is not a platform with hype. The reason? Well, the platform is still untapped. To get some traction there, it’s enough to share the best stuff. The best thing is that it could be even old stuff but the one that stands out.
Telegram is one of the dynamically developing sources of sales. To attract the audience, partners’ posts, quizzes and surveys are published here. Links with auto subscription, native advertising and much more are hidden under the buttons of them.
The Content Distribution strategy allows companies to create a space about a specific product or branch of the brand their customers are particularly interested in. Unlike a brand’s Facebook account, the content should be created, “owned” and managed by the Group members, not the brand itself. It’s a chance for the followers to share their experiences around the brand or product, and it is not a place for the brand to push more content. According to Facebook, the platform prioritizes content in their algorithm from Groups that users frequently engage with. So if you’re consistently posting to your Group and your audience is reacting to it or they’re posting content themselves, you’re sending to the algorithm exactly what it wants.
Aside from tracking your website performance through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights is a free and extremely helpful tool to analyze your social audience. You can see:
- Gender and age group of your audience;
- Time, when they are most active on your Facebook page;
- What device they use to visit your Facebook page (mobile, desktop, tablet);
- Which posts are more interesting for them.
The key to success is to really understand your audience’s interests and emotions and to create your content accordingly to this. You should create the posts your audience really wants to see and should address the issues which really are important to them, both before and after they click the post.
Unfortunately, due to the changes in the algorithm, organic reach on Facebook is decreasing, with most companies citing that their posts are reaching between 2-5% of the total audience. This is a huge drop since 2015, and it has had a huge impact. That’s why it is crucial to invest in Facebook posts that you want to appear in the news feeds of your followers.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to spend a huge amount of money on Facebook ads. It’s enough to pay for a small push of the post. However, if you want to see the very best results from your Facebook group, this is a step that should pay attention to on your priority list moving forward.
Quora Content Distribution Strategy
Quora is a platform to ask and answer any question, either based on facts or opinions– and that’s where you can participate as well.
Quora is an excellent source in generating organic awareness, content marketing, thought leadership, paid advertising, and even help you to learn your audience. On this platform, you get:
- Excellent reach: Share questions and answer the answers with over 300 million monthly users.
- Search visibility: Quora posts are searchable through Google. Your content here keeps evergreen, driving users back to your website whenever a problem is appearing.
- Thought leadership potential: There are already countless high-profile experts on the platform. Join their ranks and promote your brand.
- More high-quality traffic: Boost customers back to your website by answering their questions and performing how your product or service solves their problems.
- Insights into your audience: Quora is a platform for real people, seeking to solve problems and finding real answers. If you help Quora users with this, they’ll support you in return by investing in your products and services. You may even attract new brand advocates. Questions and answers are an amazing insight into your audience, how they think and what they need.
Here are six proven methods to get the most out of your Quora marketing efforts:
1. Boost Existing Content
There are two ways to advertise your content organically on Quora:
- Write an original response.
- Use parts of your existing content.
You can even add links and refer to your website in your answers. Make sure these links are appropriate. Otherwise, users might conclude you are merely spamming.
If you are extracting the content from your website, make it anywhere between 100 and 200 words, and then make a referral link to the original content on your site. Make sure to re-word the extracted text or put it in quotation marks to avoid being penalized for the duplicate content.
When using anchor texts, don’t be too insistent. It’s better to avoid such phrases as “Read more”, “Check out my website.” and use “Check out the complete step-by-step guide here”, or “Read this article to discover more.”
2. Build Up Thought Leadership
As a social Q&A platform, Quora makes a perfect place to earn credibility and establish yourself or your project as an authority in your industry.
It only needs 20 to 30 answers to the same topic for Quora’s algorithm to consider you as an expert in the field. Quora encourages the top experts in each topic by putting them in the “most viewed writers” roster.
So, how often should you respond to the questions? You should answer at least once or twice per week just to get the ball rolling. And once you reach it, you can most certainly do more than that.
3. Generate Quality Leads
Quora platform entirely stands on demand-driven questions and answers. And as a result, the traffic it generates is likely going to convert better because users are determined in their search and Quora visits.
As long as you are providing valuable and helpful answers, people naturally get attracted to your account. Thousands of people may potentially visit your profile and see your full bio with a link to your website. That’s a constant stream of traffic and leads right there.
4. Build Conversations Around Your Content
The real impact of Quora is in creating your community of followers and engage with them. That‘s why Quora is becoming a powerful platform to build a presence, whether it’s for your business or yourself.
With its new opportunity Quora for Business, you can now launch an official page for your company for free. A business account creates a business’s own persona, making it easier for past, present, and future visitors to understand and communicate with your business. Make sure you described in detail:
- Business FAQs
- Technical questions
- Industry questions
5. Find Targeted Blog Ideas
Quora is a robust tool to do market and customer research. Real people come here to find the answers, so it can’t get any perfect to learn more about your audience.
This makes it very useful for marketers to create more specific content based on:
- Problems they are coping with;
- What they want to find;
- What interests they have.
When looking for these questions, make sure it hasn’t been answered anywhere before or at least questions that already have some following. In another way, you might give responses to the most common questions that can easily find and you will go unnoticed. If you have unique expertise on the topic, then write content around it by all means.
There are two ways to find question ideas on Quora.
- Use industry keywords to look for appropriate questions.
- Follow industry topics and spaces to continue with the trending posts that may be interested in your audience.
6. Attract Potential Customers
As an advertising option, Quora gives you a cheaper and more effective way of reaching your potential customers by advertising answers. These answers could be yours or someone else who has a complete and sufficient response about your product or service. Quora does not have such a huge audience as Facebook and Google, but it is more demand-driven on Quora.
Contextually targeted advertising
The main driver of contextually targeted advertising is remarketing. It offers the possibility of informing the users, who have visited the page earlier, on new arrivals, promotional actions and various events.
The popularity of contextually targeted advertising that has risen in the last few years comes from the fact that this is one of the income sources of many companies, including Yandex and Google. Their advertising platforms, namely Yandex Direct and Google AdWords, earn money by translating contextual ads.
Examples of this abound. The contextually targeted ads are those small advertising banners inviting you to visit pages of the online stores with the goods, which you might have searched for recently. It can appear on social networking websites or on the pages of news sites, in browsers and mobile applications.
Media of mass communication or mass media are the ways of information delivery and interaction between the publishers and the audience at all levels.
For advertising purposes both direct methods in the form of advertising spots on radio, television, in internet sources and native advertising of brands during shows, programs, articles, interviews and authoritative pronouncements of celebrities, workers in culture, people of science and art are used.
Lots of globally known publishing houses such as BBC, The New York Times and others have their own advertising tools. For advertising BBC uses at once several channels, mainly, for non-British audience. These are BBC-Capital, BBC-Future, BBC-Travel. Morgan Stanley – the largest American banking holding – used BBC news channels for its advertising campaigns.
Content Marketing Platform
- 100,000+ media publications;
- get backlinks to your product;
- scale work with content distribution.
When promoting your story, hearing an expert source is smart. Got no clue where to go first? Now stop and think like a journalist. No matter the niche of your story, there’s always a professor/blogger/journalist ready to talk about their subject areas. You don’t need to contact all of them. There might be two or three persons to whom you send a non-pushy email. There’s nothing wrong if they don’t fit your subject. Ask for contacts who are right for it.
Super Personalized Outreach Email
Even here in 2021, email marketing still works wonders. People often forget how powerful sending a few emails can be. The only difference for this content promotion strategy to work, your email needs to be super personalized. Even at least one personalization data can improve the response rate up to 32%. You can also have some call-to-action, be it feedback, comments, or questions. Quick and personalized, that’s how your email should be.
Invite Quick Engagements by Asking Questions
When you promote media, make sure you use this content promotion strategy. A post that gets early engagement wins the attention of more people. If done right, content promotion is not biased. Instead, think of it as a conversation that engages people. To do that, help people get involved. Ask questions or invite to comment on your topic. Posting surveys on social media is another way to engage people.
Guest Post + Bonuses
A guest post is always a good way to promote content and grow your blog. The trick is yet to get people from that guess post to your website. Mention that your guests can get something for free and see the results.
Tell Your Story on YouTube
Video is a hot content promotion strategy that won’t go anywhere for sure. That’s why it’s smart to take your story and turn it into a video. It will take time, yet there are millions of users looking for great videos. So, it’s in your interest to do it great. For inspiration, you can look at how other businesses have leveraged the power of video to showcase their products and services. For instance, companies like Penn Tool Co have effectively used YouTube to create engaging and informative videos that showcase their products in action.
What’s more, you can create an audio podcast and add a transcription from the video there. Or you can create sliders for SlideShare, too. All in all, there are many ways to tell your story in another form for specific communities.
Repurpose/ Reformat is hot
The beauty of repurposing is letting you scale up your story without creating something new over time. Since people’s standards for content have changed a lot over the last few years, it’s not enough to shout out loud your story and call it a day. Instead, you can give them a new angle. Thus, grab ideas/concepts/examples from your original content and repost them in the new format. The best way to promote media is on platforms like Quora or LinkedIn. Why? They have their publishing tools for that.
The idea behind it is not to reuse the entire piece but adapt it to today’s audience’s expectations. Take one of your best tidbits from the already existing article, update numbers/data/sources, and grow from there into something new. Rinse and repeat for as many posts as you need to handle. It can take time, but the result is worth it.
You gotta experiment
That said, every little bit helps. One thing is sure, for you to succeed, you need to increase your promotion efforts. There are a lot of other great content promotion strategies that help people put their face to your story. And it’s up to you to try and see the results. No matter how hot the trend, your audience’s expectations are the key point in any promotion.
Post-publication content distribution checklist:
- Share the article on your personal social profiles (Facebook, Twitter). If you have corporate social accounts – share them there as well.
- Post your article to the relevant Facebook, LinkedIn, and Slack groups.
- Add articles to a mailing list.
- Add article links to the older, relevant blog posts.
- Promote an article on Quora and Reddit.
- If you use channels such as Telegram, or Instagram (e.g. in bio) – be sure to announce your article there.
- Design a preview image for the article, upload it on Pinterest and add your article there.
- Use contextual advertising. The cost of the ads for niche phrases is often low. Set a small budget and test several variations of your ad image and text.
- Retargeting. It’s easy to drive targeted traffic to your website. Retargeting is an inexpensive and simple tool. Promote your content only to those visitors who have visited your site before.
- Launch look-a-like ads to the audience which consists of your website visitors. This is a fairly effective method of finding your target audience on social networks.
- Submit your article to aggregators. After you have published an article or any other content on your website and you see over time the number of visits began to decline, publish this article on other resources. It may be Medium, Blogger, or Yandex.Zen.
- Do link building. Try to build a dozen links to each of your articles. This gives your content an advantageous edge over the competition in the eyes of Google. By the way, PRNEWS.IO can help you with this task.
- Promote content via influencers. Once an influencer shares it on his/her account, it shows up in front of an even more audience.
- If your company sends out push notifications, also it’s worth using it to promote new content.
- Create a short video – intro and upload it to Youtube with a link to the article in the description.
- If the topic allows, create an infographic for the article and also distribute it.
- Use the HARO services. HARO stands for Help a Reporter Out. It is an online platform that helps journalists and sources connect with each other. In this case, the source is you. Using HARO’s service, you will receive daily emails with journalist queries. Responding to these queries you have a chance to be featured in an article. This is a reactive content distribution service, but it’s useful for getting press mentions and backlinks.
- PRNEWS.IO is a press release distribution platform. This service offers the guaranteed distribution of content in publications across the globe – in state and local, regional and national publications. The PRNEWS.IO platform can help you to drive awareness among your potential clients, generate traffic, and increase your sales.
- GaggleAMP is a social amplification service that offers you to aggregate your employee’s social networks and send company content directly to them. Employees have the option to review and customize the content before its publishing or allow it to go through automatically. This is a great variant instead of constantly bugging your staff to post about the brand. You can also use this software to link to social networks from partners, customers, brand ambassadors, and more.
- ClickToTweet is a service that allows your readers to share the soundbites of your content on Twitter with a single click. You create your content soundbites, and ClickToTweet gives you a link. When readers click that link, this service opens their Twitter with the content soundbite already ready to be published. It also links to your Twitter profile and content — allowing your readers to share your content for you.
Why is Content Distribution Important?
After you’ve clicked the Publish button it feels like you can finally exhale. But no, it’s just a beginning. For the better performance of your article and good outcome, you should do some must-have activities. No worries, they are easy to execute.
Let’s start with the content seeding. The thing is that search engines need time to index your articles and even more time to estimate them in order to raise or lower them in the search results.
To speed up this process, you have to distribute these articles. This is when the PRNEWS.IO distribution service will come in handy. We provide the guaranteed distribution of content in media across the globe. In addition, along with distribution, we create crowd links to your article, which also positively affects it in the eyes of search engines.
Another positive factor in content distribution is the improved behavioral factors. Google “sees” that a lot of people visit this or that article, which means that this article contains valuable information, which means it has to be raised in the search results.
The topic of content seeding after publication is quite extensive and deserves a special article. Leave a comment if you want we review this topic deeply. Now let’s go back to our checklist
Prior to buying a potential customer receives information on the product, forms his or her opinion, and makes a decision. The seller’s goal is to guide the customer through all the stages of the purchase funnel and close the trade. Since the late XIX century, one of the most effective advertising techniques is the AIDA model based on which an advertising campaign must attract a target audience, spark interest in the product and hold this interest, arouse an impulse, and push for purchasing.
The ultimate goal of any advertising campaign is a buying response
The TA is a group of people joined together based on the characteristics required for purchasing. Methods of information delivery will depend on these characteristics as well. Present-day the most effective source of information is the Internet.
We will discuss three ways of TA informing with the help of the Internet.
- Create low-quality content, thinking that a reliable resource will do the job no matter What is inside
- Do not distribute content after publishing
- Content Distribution Strategy: 3 Sure Ways to Deliver Information to the Target Audience
- Think You Know All About Content Marketing? Think Again
- What is a Content Calendar in 2021 & How to Create It: Templates, Tools, Ideas
- The Best Writing Tools For Modern Writers
- How to Assure Your Boss to Use Content Marketing
- Best Content Marketing Agencies: Brands and Services Promotion
- What Is Paid, Owned & Earned Media