Natalya Mignenko, a PR specialist, claims the sales department and cold calls are an atavism. It is more useful to deliver information about the product to potential customers through comprehensive, capacious and expert materials in the media. Natalia shares her experience on how to promote a company in the popular press and which tools to use for that.
Stay Professional: Top 10 Things You Should Never Post on Social Networks
Today we’re all heavily involved in the world of social media, sharing so many details of our daily life and business plans. Dealing with social media requires not only patience, good posting skills and active participation, but also some sort of caution.
Keep in mind that you are sharing your thoughts and ideas with thousands of people (or may be more) and most of them are virtual strangers. You might think your settings are private, but any one of your “friends” could take a snapshot of your account, letting an embarrassing or debilitating update go viral.
Whether you have your personal page or business account, we think it will be useful to follow some good advice, which will help you to stay out of trouble and keep your business from being affected by silly mistakes.
Here is the list of the main things that you should never post publicly on your social media accounts:
- your private information (your current location, home address, personal telephone number, credit card information, etc.);
- relationship issues or personal problems;
- disconcerting pictures of other people (friends, children, etc.);
- your silly private photos or any other embarrassing stuff;
- gossips or any inappropriate information about specific people;
- radical views on religion, politics or race;
- personal opinions about your job or colleagues;
- anything related to personal or client finances;
- specifications of your upcoming events;
- hints about passwords (mother’s maiden name, pet names, etc.)
So, as you understand, it’s better to think twice before posting any content. Anything you share has the potential to be leaked in some way, so that’s why you should post only information which can play to your advantage and can’t hurt you or your surroundings.