6 Basic Tips To Improve and Fire Up Your Press Release
When it comes to writing press releases, your main goal is getting more people to read it. That’s why a news hook is the key point in its building. It can be any report about future event or accomplished fact.
A news hook should provide information, for example, about your business achievement or new product’s launch. In other words, any news that can be potentially interesting both for editors and your targeted audience.
A well-composed news release is a great PR, marketing and SEO tool which will not only spread your news, but also bring great results for your business, such as enhance your web visibility and boost online traffic. If you’re not already using this great media instrument, we have prepared some useful tips to easily get started and write a news release:
1. Keep your eye out for the structure Try to keep the logical structure of your news release to guard agains mistakes which can destroy the whole presentation. We have pointed out the foundational parts of a press release:
Body text (which may include theses, quotes);
2. Headline — well begun is half done No doubt, an eye-catching headline is really important for any press release. Even if you get unusual and unexpected news about your company, but the title is written in a meagre and boring style — don’t even expect to get desirable effect. The pitch has to be so good, to make journalists unable to say “no”. That’s why composing the right title is pretty time-consuming process that requires maximum creativity and concentration, but it’s worth of it. Important thing to remember: it's more appropriate to compose the text first and once you have a draft in front of you may add a newsworthy headline.
3. Lead It’s quite essential element of any press release which usually explains the entire story in one brief paragraph. It should answer the following questions for identifying the main facts: who, what, why, when, where? A lead has the most important lines from the whole press release which can attract journalists to use and share your material. Or not. It depends on you. So get right to the point in the first paragraph and the result is guaranteed.
4. Body text — keep it short To be honest, very small amount of people read the body of the text. Still, reporters who are interested in your news need to get basic information in an engaging manner. That’s why keep the main text brief and concise, visually dividing it in a few paragraphs. Follow inverted pyramid rule: most newsworthy info should come first, then important details can be listed and the last place should be given to other general info (in case an editor will cut your text). Some stats, numbers and experts’ quotes are always welcome. Additional photos which are relative to the subject, can be also very helpful. But remember, less is more when we deal with press release. To get to know more detailed information about the rules, we suggest you to look through the press release requirements which help you to create purposeful publication.
5. Keep your targets in mind Focus on facts and avoid the style of an advertising appeal. It is a press release, not a promotional banner. One more advice: you may think that the press release day isn’t too much critical, indeed this is very important. According to the statistics, press releases distributed on Mondays and Fridays are more likely to fail comparing to the ones sent out on Tuesdays-Thursdays.
6. Contact Info Also don’t leave behind your contact information to make spokespeople reachable for journalists. We hope that all above-mentioned suggestions will be helpful for you. Put these tips into practice and you will notice how it can advance and speed up your workflow.
Vladislava Rykova, director of the marketing agency MAVR, spoke about the rules for maintaining a business account on Instagram. Instagram allows you to create and use two types of accounts - personal and commercial. If everything is clear with the first, then business accounts are required both by the Instagram administration and by the marketing strategy, which is aimed at creating audience reach and increasing sales. Let's look at the intricacies of the design of such profiles.
Guest post was prepared by Roman Onishchuk, head of product and marketing strategy at Proofy. Proofy is the largest bulk email verification service in the USA. The company gets an award #4 Product of the day on Product hunt platform and also was distinguished with Premium Usability and Rising Star awards from FinancesOnline.