In the article, we have shared how content marketing in relation to texts (news, press releases, articles, etc.) helps to attract customers, and what to do with all this stuff.
How To Do Public Relations For Small Business
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on the creation of valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a target audience. The ultimate goal of content marketing is to stimulate profitable customer activity.
How Content Marketing Helps to Boost Your Business?
Content marketing is all kinds of visual content including pictures, videos, audios, texts that are aimed at attracting new customers. It is something that will hook, interest, spur to read, listen, look further and, ultimately, buy or use the service.
From the perspective of PRNEWS.IO, content marketing is promotion through articles, news, press releases, and other content.
Some Details You Should Know About Content Marketing
Lead generation is an important concept in content marketing. This is the stimulation of interest in a certain product or service for the sales growth. Lead generation has changed significantly over the past few years as new online and social technologies initiated its active development and digitalization. Messengers and social networks have transformed and keep transforming advertising and sales technologies, and they are changing the whole idea of marketing tools.
The purchasing process is changing as well. Today, conventional advertising doesn’t work as well as it did 20 or 30 years ago. The effectiveness of mass mailing is decreasing. Right now the main task of marketers is not just to focus on the attraction of new customers but also to build permanent, reliable, and long-term relationships with them, as well as personalize and analyze sales.
The concept of “self-directed buyer” appeared not that long ago and it means a person who can find and buy the right thing on their own. It has led to the emergence of new methods of the development and analysis of potential leads (customers).
Let’s figure out what is needed to make the content work and PR in the media bring maximum effect.
How to promote your brand, product or startup in the media.
Plan of Action
Step # 1. Identify Appropriate Content Platforms
The main task of any PR campaign is to get the maximum number of views of an advertising message in the form of a press release, news, article, etc. within the set advertising budget.
For an appropriate content placement it’s important to consider several factors:
- Region. Localization is extremely important, especially when the material is intended for residents of a particular region. You can scale this parameter from a specific location to the entire planet.
- Language. It goes without saying, content must be published in the language(s) of the target audience.
- Media category: news, entertainment, specialized publications, blogs, etc.
- Format: news, press release, article, interview, review, etc.
- Technical points:
- Sign of an advertisement mark.
- Types of links.
- Broadcast in news aggregators.
- Additional content in the publication such as video, audio.
- Time of publication.
A well-targeted selection of these characteristics as well as an analysis of the metrics of online media sites will help publish engaging material. Metrics is a source of detailed information about a platform, which allows you to predict the result before the material is published. You can read more about metrics in our blog: here, here, and here.
All tools described are available to PRNEWS.IO clients when choosing platforms.
Step # 2. Develop a Strategy
A well-thought-out PR strategy will allow you to use the funds allocated for advertising as efficiently as possible. For strategic planning, you should study the market, analyze the actions of competitors in similar situations.
Pay attention to media planning. The goal of any campaign is to reach the biggest amount of readers. You need to understand what will work better in each case: a single publication, a series of publications stretched out over a longer period, or a publication in local, regional, and national media, etc.
Learn the current trends. Among promising trends in 2019 there are the following ones:
- Thorough analytics that precedes goal setting.
- Focus on content quality. Users are fed up with low-quality content and are now more willing to consume top-notch writing.
- Non-conventional approaches for the creation and distribution of content: infographics, quizzes, campaigns on social networks, stories on Instagram, etc.
Step # 3. Expectations vs. Reality
It’s important to understand that the content should work in the most effective way and this aspect has to be monitored constantly. To avoid situations when no one reads your outstanding viral material you should monitor the market, timely identify customer needs and remind about yourself.
It’s better not to use the particular channel that worked well before over and over again. It’s necessary to identify new traffic sources. Now, this is not a problem at all as the network constantly offers new social tools in the form of instant messengers, blogs, video and audio channels of influencers, and so on.
Step # 4. How to Choose the Right Content Format
Understanding what you want to communicate to your client will help you with identifying the right content format.
You should announce an important event in a press release. The news will perfectly illustrate something that has recently happened and will attract interest in a company or person. An article will answer a lot of important questions. An interview will establish credibility.
A young audience trusts bloggers. Therefore, a popular blogger who talks about your product or service can do more than the most active media campaign.
Publish native ads as no one knows better than the editorial staff of the media how to correctly submit material on its pages.
Step # 5. Result Evaluation
The campaign results evaluation method depends on the initial purpose of a publication. This may include reputation establishment, growth of traffic, sales or leads on the channel, the number of brand requests, purchases, or a combination of all or several of the options listed.
The following steps will be useful to evaluate both qualitative and quantitative results:
- Collect clients’ feedback. The opinion of users is a great way to understand the attitude to a product or service. It’s possible to place requests to leave reviews directly in published materials.
- Leave links to media publications on social networks. Social networks are not only a way to find out the opinions of real or potential customers, it is an advanced tool for analytics as well.
- Add UTM tags. The best solution for collecting statistics. With their help, you can find out a bunch of useful information such as readers’ sources, their number by type of traffic, the effectiveness of keywords and phrases, etc.
In order to alleviate expectations and guarantee the results, PRNEWS.IO offers an additional option for customers – “+ 1000 views.”
It’s not a problem if you don’t have a newsbreak, you don’t know what to write about, or you simply can’t find a capable Swahili translator. We will help. The editors of PRNEWS.IO will write a press release, news, or an article as well as perform a rewrite or translation.
Extra content marketing tips
To promote text content, it’s possible to distinguish 4 main methods:
- Media publications.
- Participation in mass events, including conferences, forums, seminars, their support, organization, and promotion on the pages of publications.
- Direct PR with the target audience: promotions, discounts, special offers, etc.
- Partnership: publishing on third-party blogs with a large number of subscribers, posting affiliate materials on a blog, etc.
PR is not needed when:
- When there is really nothing to promote. The product is not ready or it’s of poor quality. It’s better to iron out the kinks and then think about promotion.
- When projects have no audience. At first, it’s worth acquiring readers by attracting contextual advertising methods and SMM and growing the number of people who will be interested to read about you, and only then create content for them.
- When popularity, publicity, and fame are not important. For companies that want to grow sales in the first place, it’s better to pay attention to contextual advertising and SMM to gain new customers.
- When there is nothing to speak about. Journalists demand newsbreaks. The media simply won’t even notice a made-up press release.
- And vice versa, when the newsbreak is so cool that it works without money, just give it a chance. For example, the media is always looking forward to news about the release of the IPhone’s new versions. Apple does not need to go to the media. In fact, the media will do everything themselves and at the same time, they will do it for free.